Workflows / Pitches vs Assignments
- The “Request Pitches” workflow should be used when you don’t have a clear direction and want the writer to propose a couple ideas for the article.
- The “NewsRoom Article” workflow should be used when either:
- you’ve just approved a pitch and you want to open up a task and set a deadline for the writer
- you already have an idea/brief in mind and don’t need the writer to pitch
- The standard time for an article without original sources is 5 business days.
- For an assignment where the writer has to reach out to a source to schedule time to conduct an interview, they should get closer to 10 business days.
- For any first draft turnarounds under 5 days, we’ll need to charge a rush fee to incentivize the writer
- Revised drafts are typically submitted by the writers in 2 business days
- If you don’t specify a word count, the writer will probably shoot for around 500-700 words which is our standard short-form length
- If you feel like the piece should be a bit longer, note it as “Long Form” in the description and/or task title and be sure to let the writer know it should be around 1,000 words. The writer may also propose this if they feel more words are needed.
- If review is taking longer than 48 hours, try to give the writer an update (via the comment section) to let him/her know when to expect comments. This way the writers can prepare to fit the revisions into their schedules.