Integrating fully with the NewsCred CMC provides the best publishing experience. However, if you have not yet integrated with your CMS/site, the following steps outline the proper way to copy content out of the CMC once you are ready to publish to your website:
- When you are on the publishing step of your workflow, under the publishing date, click "Edit Scheduling" and select the checkbox labeled "On Completion". This will post the article when you publish the article or approvals are complete.
- Then select the publishing destination for the article, since there isn't a site/CMS integrated with the CMC we will publish to a feed.
- The next step is to press "Publish" in the lefthand workflow panel. Note that the workflow example above may look different from you own workflow.
- Once you’ve published the article, a green check mark will appear next to the date and time the article was published, and there will be a green "Completed" box with the published date as well. This confirms that your article is in a “Published” state.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and expand the section called "Article Information". This section will show new fields, where you should click the button "Generate Article HTML".
- This will create the HTML code that will be copy/pasted into your CMS:
- Create a new post on your CMS and paste it into your CMS’s HTML editor.
If this is a piece of licensed content, be sure to attribute the author and source correctly in the appropriate fields. Once this is done, publish your article!
Note: The tracking code in the above image is used to track analytics. This is included at the end of the raw HTML code.